Everything you need to know about your new lash extensions
AFTERCARE DO'S AND DON'TS
DO'S Daily Maintenance
- Do use ONLY water based (oil-free) eye make-up and eye make-up remover: Use a lint-free applicator swab to gently remove eye make-up and micro-brush swabs to clean hard to reach areas between lash extensions. Please ask your lash professional if they offer the ilashcare Oil Free Protein Remover & Primer.
- Do be gentle while cleansing the eye area and pat lashes dry.
- Do schedule a touch-up session with your lash professional: The natural lash life cycle is about 100 days and the eyelash extensions may fall off during this period. Touch-ups are recommended every 2 weeks to replace any lashes that may have fallen off.
- Do use a natural lash conditioner like LASHFOOD'S Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancer to condition and protect the health of natural lashes. Stronger, healthier lashes=long lasting lash extensions.
DON'TS Daily Maintenance
- Don't use regular, over-the-counter mascara. I recommend using ilashcare's Protecting Mascara. Use this mascara only on the tips of the extensions - do not apply to the root of eyelashes.
- Don't use manual lash curlers: This will break both extensions and natural lashes! Instead, I recommend using ilashcare's Heated Eyelash Curler. Use to curl lashes only on the tips of the extensions- do not heat from the root of eyelashes.
- Don't receive acidic facials: Acidic peels such as chemical peels, Alpha and/or Beta Hydroxy Peels will dissolve the bonding agent of eyelash extensions.
- Don't rub lashes or eyes.
- Don't use oil-based eye products around or on the eyes. Oil-based products will dissolve the bonding agent of eyelash extensions.
MORE AFTER CARE TIPS
- Comb them out: Close one eye, place Disposable Mascara Wand or Lash Comb on top of lashes then roll the brush over lashes to keep them defined.
- Keep them clean: Target hard-to-reach areas to remove eyeliner, eyeshadow, and dust by dipping a Micro-Brush Swab into ilashcare Oil-free Protein Remover & Primer. For the face, I recommend using one of ilashcare's Cleansing Foams with Konjac Cleansing Sponge to gently exfoliate impurities from the skin.
- Give lashes a little TLC: Keep lashes well-conditioned and nourished with LASHFOOD Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancer. Apply serum along lash line nightly onto clean skin.
2 HOURS AFTER:
- Limit water contact around lashes.
2 DAYS AFTER:
- Avoid steam, swimming, or tanning
1 WEEK AFTER:
- Like insurance for your lashes; the ilashcare Protecting Sealer is specially formulated to seal and protect lashes from particles that dissolves bond such as dirt and oil.
2-3 WEEKS AFTER:
- Need to cover up missing spots? Use ilashcare Protecting Mascara to quickly give lashes some life and volume.